Ikechukwu Onuoma is the managing partner and head of litigation in Obra Legal. His practice areas include Civil Litigation, Commercial Law, Corporate Law and Election Petitions. Aside from litigation, his experience also covers International Commercial Arbitration as he is a certified mediator listed on the Panel of Neutrals. He is also on the Editorial Board of the Multi-door Court. He is also a member of the American In-house Counsel. He is skilled and active in Negotiation and Arbitration. He has acted as a neutral mediator in several disputes.
Furthermore, he sits on the Board of African Development Foundation (the parent body of the prestigious Pan African University and Lagos Business School) and the Board of Wetland Foundation. He was the Nigerian representative 2018 at United Nations 56th session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD56).
He is also engaged in various social projects. He is the coordinator of UNIV Nigeria by ICU- Istituto per la Cooperazione Universitaria(Rome). He served as a member of the Enugu State Nigerian Bar Association Committee on Continuing Legal Education, Enugu State Nigerian Bar Association Disciplinary Committee and Enugu State Judiciary Committee on ICT and Customary Court of Appeal Committee on ICT. Ikechukwu is a prolific writer and has published numerous educative articles in reputable national and international journals some of which include; Expert witnesses in International Arbitration among others.
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Command Children Primary School, Abakiliki Road Enugu
- College of Immaculate Conception 1992
- University of Nigeria Secondary School, Enugu 1992 – 1998
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology 1998 – 2004
He carried out his NYSC programme at Mogboh, Offiah & Co. and passed out with National Merit Award.
ACADEMIC/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED
- First School Leaven Certificate – 1991
- Senior School Certificate Examination-1997
- Best student award in literature and government.
- Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB) – 2004
- Nigerian Bar Degree (BL) – 2005
- President of Equity Chambers- 2002
- President Nigerian Society of International Law -2003
- Chief Judge of Enugu State of University of Science and Technology Law Students Association -2003
- Anvil Theater 1999-2004
- Member of Students Representative Council Nigerian Law School Enugu Campus-2005.
- Call to Nigerian Bar –8th November 2005
- Enrolled as a Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria 9th November 2005.
- (Youth Corps) Mogboh, Offiah & Co
- Intensive and Extensive Private Legal practice especially Consultancy Services, research/publications, Solicitors work and Litigation Advocacy in all level of Courts in the firms.
- Cooperate Law and Cooperate Governance.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Training.
- MOGBOH, OFFIAH & CO SOLICITORS – 2005
- J OFFIAH & CO SOLICITORS, ENUGU -2005 TILL DATE
- CLIC PARTNERS 2011 TILL DATE
- OBRA LEGAL FROM 2017 (OBRA LEGAL RESTRUCTURED FROM A. J OFFIAH & CO.)
- MANAGING SOLICITOR OF OBRA LEGAL AND CLIC PARTNERS.
- Under The Firm Of A. J. Offiah & Co
- Niger Foundation Hospital and diagnostic Centre.
- Juhel Nigeria Limited/Juhel Gas Limited.
- University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital.
- Eastern Bottlers Limited.
- Government of Enugu State
- My City Ride
- Under The Firm Of Clic Partners
- Ikota Educational Foundation.
- Institute for Industrial Training (IIT).
- Becker’s Industrial Coatings.
- Nigerian Development Insurance Cooperation.
- Economic & Commercial Office Lagos, Spanish Embassy in Nigeria
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Litigation in all levels of Court in Nigeria … Customary Courts, Magistrate Courts, High Courts, Courts of Appeal, Supreme Court, Electoral Tribunal, Arbitral Tribunal
- Litigation in all types of cases …. Criminal, Commercial, Industrial, Civil, Company, Banking, Matrimonial, Land, and Arbitration matters etc.
- Legal Transactions, Negotiations, Acquisitions, Settlements etc.
- Solicitors jobs … Legal Consultancy Services, Legal drafting, Legal opinion etc.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCES
- Professional Appointments
- Rapporteur Action Aid -2005
- Coordinator UNIV Nigeira by ICU – Istituto per la Cooperazione Universitaria ( Rome) 2010 till date.
- Members, Enugu State Nigerian Bar Association Disciplinary Committee-2008- 2010, 2012-2014, 2014-2016
- Member Enugu State Nigerian Bar Association Committee on Continuing Legal Education 2010-2012
- Member Enugu State Judicial Committee on performance evaluation of Magistrates (Project of Department for International Development).2015-2016.
- Member Technical Committee Nigerian Bar Association National Confrence-2015.
- Member Organizing Committee Nigerian Bar Association Enugu State Law week-2017.
- Nigerian representative 2018 at United Nations 56th Session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD56).
- Board Memberships in:
- Board Secretary African Development Foundation (Parent Foundation of Lagos Business School (2014 till date)
- Board Secretary Wet Land Foundation 2015 till date.
- Director CLIC Industrial Coatings.
- Director CLIC Resources Limited.
- Board Secretary My City Ride 2017
- Board Trustee Midland Foundation. 2013 till date.
- OBRA Foundation (Chairman Governing Council) 2018.
- Project Coordinator Oma Welfare Foundation 2014 till date.
- Civil litigation
- Commercial law
- Corporate law
- Election petitions