Obra Legal has substantial experience in commercial law. We provide services for businesses in these specific areas. Clients in this field include start-up ventures, small and medium scale enterprises, and well-established multinational corporations.
The Firm’s advice and representation ranges from initial business planning along company structure, organization, registration and financing, to ongoing regulatory and corporate compliance. It also extends to related matters such as brokerage and advisory contracts, tax planning, employee benefits and investment regulations etc. Lawyers in this Unit specialize on: –
- Corporate Commercial Law
- Commercial restructurings
- Corporate Controls
- Resolving Shareholders Disputes
- Minority Protection in companies
- Corporate Finance & Financial Services
- Corporate Formations (Business Establishments)
- Corporate Governance Practices
- International Joint Ventures
Corporate Governance Expertise
The Firm advises public companies and large private companies on elements of corporate governance and best practices as the companies should adopt and also ensure that existing practices are reviewed to bring about sound corporate governance in client organizations. .
Services as Company Secretary
The firm provides services as company secretary on retainer basis to clients. The services include the following:
- Attending meetings of Shareholders, and Board of directors; and advising on compliance with the applicable rules and regulations.
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance and maintaining registers & records required by the Companies & Allied Matters Act 1990.
- Rendering statutory returns to the Corporate Affairs Commission, and carrying out such necessary administrative or secretarial duties.
- Advising on Ownership and Management functions and rights